Pre-order our organic
Culinary Benefits of Cooking with Pastured Meat
Keep in mind that the consistency, texture, colour and flavours of food from pasture-raised animals differ from those of intensively produced foods. Pasture-raised chickens contain less fat and water and lend themselves best to roasting, grilling, or slow simmering, not quick sautéing. The biggest difference that our customers notice in our chickens and turkeys is the flavour but second is the meat density and lack of water. Pasture-raised chickens grow more slowly and are older at slaughter (56-65 days) than intensively raised chickens (39-42 days).
Pre-Order Chickens – $7.00/lb
- We are accepting orders for fresh chickens on our process dates.
- Our process dates are July 27th, August 23rd, and September lst, 2022.
- Fresh chickens will be available those dates AFTER 5:00pm.
- Frozen chicken will be available after July 27/22; call to arrange pickup time.
Pre-Order Turkeys – $7.00/lb
- GREAT NEWS !
- Fresh TURKEYS will be available from Oct. 5 after 5:00pm.
- As we store them in our freezer, they will be frozen after Oct 8. 2022